Collected Personal Information
Your Personal Information is collected from various sources mentioned below.
Personal Information you provide to us
- Account information. When you create an account to use our Services, we collect Personal Information so that you can use our Services through that account. When you register, you provide us with the following data: your name, email address, password, cell phone number, and other account information that is necessary to create and maintain your account.
- Contact information and other details you choose to give us. You have the opportunity to provide different details when interacting with us, such as through emails or other communications. When you communicate with us through a contact form, email or other means, you provide us with Personal Information, such as your name and contact information, as well as the content of your communications.
- Support information. If you request support services, we process your Personal Information, such as your name and the contact information you use to reach us, as well as information about the reason you requested support, and any additional information you may provide in that context.
- Financial information. When you purchase one of our subscription-based online services, we will need you to provide us with your credit card information. This information will be used by us solely for the purpose of complying with your purchase request. While we do not store credit card information, we do rely on payment providers to make any payments you wish to make to us.
Where applicable, we may specify whether and why you are required to provide your Personal Information to us and the consequences of your failure to do so. For example, we may require you to disclose certain Personal Information in order for us to provide the Services to you.
Information collected via automated means
- Single sign-on through Internet service providers. We may collect Personal Information from Internet service providers when you choose to use their single sign-on servers to connect to our Services. Your use of these tools is subject to the privacy policies of the relevant social media platforms.
- Information about device and usage. When you access and use our Services, we obtain and store information about your interaction with our Services, such as date/time stamps, usage information and statistics, and information about your device, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, device type, device identifiers, version and type of operating system.
Information received from third parties
- Publicly accessible information. Using our search technology, we scan the Internet and collect publicly accessible information from third party websites, like social networking sites, corporate websites and public records. Such information may contain your name, email address, phone number, work history, education, location, social profile, skills and other relevant information. In addition, our technology may infer Personal Information about you by making assumptions based on publicly accessible information that may not directly relate to you, in combination with other information we have about you.
- Other third parties. We may collect personal information about you from third parties, e.g., people directories, data brokers, corporate information directories and other organizations. This information may include your name, email, phone number, work history, education, location, social profile, skills and other relevant information.
Procedures for the use of Personal Information received or collected by us
We use the collected Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To create your account for our Services and to provide security and maintain it.
- To provide our services, such as operation, maintenance and support of our Services by making available our online database with business contact information to customers and users.
- To contact you, including to reach you for administrative purposes including providing security or support and maintenance advisories, to deliver services and information at your request, to respond to comments and questions, to communicate with you regarding any issues related to your use of our Services, including changes to this Policy, and to otherwise carry out customer support.
- In consideration of any consent requirements, to send promotional materials, announcements of the latest developments and features or other marketing materials, or to develop new marketing materials that may be useful or relevant to our customers. You will always be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
- For personalization, to customize our Services.
- To perform analytics and product development, including measuring and analyzing usage trends and preferences to improve our Services, and developing new products, services and features.
- To manage customer and vendor relationships, including tracking emails, phone calls and other actions you take as our customer or vendor.
- For aggregation purposes. We sometimes aggregate or anonymize Personal Information in a form that does not permit our users or professionals to be identified, and use the collected information for statistical analysis of the use of the Services, such as to get a better understanding of our customer base, or for other purposes.
- For administrative and legal purposes, such as the compliance purpose, including enforcing our Terms of Service Provision or enforcing or protecting other legal rights, or as may be prescribed by applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any legal process or government agency, and for compliance with our legal obligations and internal policies as permitted by law.
Legal bases for processing Personal Information
For the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland and the UK residents, we only use your Personal Information as set forth in this section if we have a valid legal basis for the processing, including:
- Consent. This is when you have consented to the use of your Personal Information.
- Contract. We need your Personal Information to provide our Services to you in order to fulfill the terms of our contracts with you, for example, to create and protect your account or to respond to your requests.
- Legitimate interest. It is our legitimate business interest to process your Personal Information in order to provide Services to our Customers. We only rely on the legitimate interest as a legal basis if such legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms, and we ensure that any request you make to exercise your rights is honored.
- Legal obligation. We may have a legal obligation to process your Personal Information, such as to fulfill tax and accounting obligations, and we may process your Personal Information when it is needed to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim. Likewise, we may process your Personal Information when it is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another individual.
Who your Personal Information is shared with
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Website customers and users. We share Personal Information such as your name, email, phone number, work history, education, location, skill set, social profiles and relevant information with our customers and users of our site in order to provide the Services to them.
- Group enterprises. We may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Service providers. For services like hosting, maintenance and support, we work with third parties. These third parties may be granted access to or may process your Personal Information as part of the provision of such services to us. For example:
- Payment providers are the service providers we use to process credit card payments on our site. When you use your credit card to pay for our services, information such as your name, billing address, phone number, email address, and credit card details are shared with the service providers to verify and manage any recurring payments.
- We use cloud service providers to store your data, perform disaster recovery, and fulfill our obligations to you;
- We use business communication tool providers.
- Legal. We will disclose information about our users, including their Personal Information, to law enforcement authorities, regulatory agencies, public authorities or pursuant to the exercise of legal proceedings if we are required to do so by law or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to perform a legal obligation or request, to enforce our Terms of Service, to prevent or resolve security or technical problems, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Connexy Inc, our users, a third party, or the public.
- Corporate ownership change. We may disclose and otherwise transfer information about our users, including Personal Information, to an acquirer, successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, asset sale or similar transaction, and also in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership where information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of the assets of our business.
- Aggregated information. The information aggregated or otherwise anonymized may be used and disclosed by us for any purpose, so long as we are not prohibited from doing so pursuant to applicable law.
- Business partners. Personal Information, such as name, email, phone number, work history, education, location, skill sets, social profiles and other relevant information, may be shared with our business partners, including for sales, marketing, recruiting and other relevant purposes. We may share Personal Information with our business partners for contacting potential customers, marketing products and services, hiring new employees and for other appropriate purposes.
Your choices about how to use and disclose your information
We want to give you choices about the Personal Information you share with us. We have established mechanisms to give you the following control over your information:
- Promotional materials. If you do not want your email address or other contact details to be used by Connexy Inc for marketing purposes to promote our own products or services or those of our affiliates or subsidiaries, you may opt out by contacting us as set forth in the "Contact Us" section below. If we have emailed you a newsletter or promotional letter, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions in each newsletter or email.
- Access, deletion and correction of your information. You may communicate with us as set forth in the "Contact Us" section below to request access, correction or deletion of any Personal Information that we have about you. Your Personal Information cannot be deleted except by deleting your user account as well. We may not honor a request to amend data when we determine that such an amendment would breach any law or legal requirement or would cause the data to be inaccurate.
We do not control the collection or use of your information by third parties to provide interest-based advertising. But these third parties may offer you options to opt out of having your information collected or used in this manner.
Your privacy rights in Europe
If you are located in the EEA, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, you are granted the following additional rights as provided for under applicable law and subject to any limitations imposed by such law:
- Right of access. You are entitled to access the Personal Information we have about you and to request certain details about our processing. In particular, you are entitled to an explanation of (i) why we process your Personal Information, (ii) the categories of Personal Information we hold about you, (iii) with whom we share your Personal Information, (iv) how long we keep your Personal Information, and (v) from whom we obtained your Personal Information, if it was not obtained directly from you. You will also be informed of your privacy rights.
- Right to correction. You are entitled to correct, update or amend any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information that we have about you. Be aware that we may correct or remove incomplete or inaccurate information at any time and at our sole discretion.
- Right to erasure. You may request that your Personal Information be anonymized, erased or deleted, as applicable. In this event, if there is no overriding legitimate interest in continuing to process your Personal Information, your information will be deleted.
- Right to object to processing. You are entitled to object to the processing of your Personal Information if we rely on legitimate interests or if we process your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Right of restriction of processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to prohibit us from processing your Personal Information other than for storage purposes.
- Right to portability. You are entitled to receive, in a structured, generally accepted and machine-readable format, the Personal Information we have about you, if we are processing it based on our contract with you or with your consent, or to ask that we transfer such Personal Information to a third party.
- Right of consent withdrawal. You may withdraw any consent you previously gave us regarding our processing of your Personal Information at any time, free of charge. We will apply your preferences thereafter. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing before you withdraw your consent.
- Right to file a complaint. You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in the country where you reside, place of employment, or where you believe the incident occurred.
You can exercise these rights by getting in touch with us as defined in the “Contact Us“ section below. Please be aware that we will need you to prove your identity before responding to the implementation of such rights. Additionally, we may decline your request for valid legal basis, and we will let you know if that's the case. Take into account that each of these rights is subject to specific exceptions and restrictions prescribed by the applicable laws.
International data transfers
If you give us with your Personal Information when using the Services from the EEA, Switzerland or the UK or other locations of the world with laws regulating data collection and use that may differ from those applicable in U.S., then please take into account that you are communicating your Personal Information outside of those locations to the U.S. for storing and processing.
If we transmit your Personal Information internationally, we will make sure that respective security measures are applied to provide appropriate protection for your Personal Information and we will act in accordance with relevant data protection laws, in particular by following EU Commission adequacy decision, on contractual protections for transmitting your Personal Information or a derogation if available. To get more information on the way we transmit Personal Information internationally, please contact us as defined in the “Contact Us“ section below.
Confidentiality for Children
Our Services are not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. Please contact us as set forth in the "Contact Us" section below if you become aware that a child has provided Personal Information to us in breach of this Policy.
Our team has implemented physical, managerial and technical safeguards designed to enhance the integrity of the Personal Information collected, stored and otherwise processed by us and to protect it from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We store your Personal Information on our secure servers behind firewalls. All payment transactions are encrypted with SSL technology.
You are also responsible for the safety and security of your Personal Information. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of our site, you will be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of that password. You are asked not to share your password with any other party.
No information transmission over the Internet is completely secure. We make every effort to protect your Personal Information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our site. Any transmission of Personal Information is entirely at your own risk.
All Personal Information will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Policy or as long as required for backup, archiving, fraud and abuse prevention, analytics, compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, or as otherwise reasonably assessed as a legitimate basis for doing so. Retention periods will be based on the type of information collected and the purpose for which it was collected, taking into account any requirements that apply to the situation, and the need to delete outdated, unused information in the shortest reasonable time.
Upon deletion of Personal Information, we will take steps to make such Personal Information irrecoverable or unreproducible, and electronic files containing Personal Information will be permanently deleted.
Services provided by Third Parties
The Services can include features or links to third-party websites and services. Even if accessible through the Services, any data you give to third-party websites or services is given directly to those services' operators and is subject to those operators' practices, if any, as well as rules governing privacy and safety. We encourage you to explore third parties' privacy and safety policies before disclosing your Personal Information to them, since we are not liable for the content or privacy and safety measures and policies of third-party websites or services to which links or access are given through the Service.
Policy Changes and Updates
We may periodically amend this Policy to reflect modifications to our privacy practices. We have adopted a policy of publishing any updates to this Policy online. At the bottom of the page, the Policy's last revision date is mentioned. We ask you to keep an eye on our website and this Policy to see if anything has changed. Any changes to this Policy will be posted to this page and the last revision date will be updated.
Please contact us if you have any complaints about how we handle your Personal Information. We'll do our best to address your concern as soon as possible. Moreover, if you suspect we have violated data protection laws, you can file a complaint with the data protection supervisory body in the EU country where you reside, work, or where the alleged violation happened.
Connexy Inc is the entity in charge of all processing of your Personal Information and according to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, is the information controller in terms of the processing of your Personal Information. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, our privacy rules, or if you are eager to implement your rights in regard to your Personal Information, you are welcomed to contact us by one of the provided means.
You may also contact the data protection officer at email@example.com or (877) 209-4136.